The collectors are required to meet the following training requirements:
1. Knowledge. The collector must be knowledgeable of the current Urine Specimen Collection Procedures Guidelines and guidelines applicable to workplace testing.
2. Qualification training. The collector must receive qualification training that provides instruction on all steps necessary to complete a collection correctly and proper completion and transmission of the custody form (CCF);problem collections, fatal flaw, correctable flaws, and how to correct collection problems; and the collector’s responsibility for maintaining the integrity of the collection process, ensuring the accuracy in results of the drug testing device being utilized, ensuring the security of the specimen, and avoiding conduct or statements that could be viewed as offensive or inappropriate.
3. Initial proficiency demonstration. Following training completion, the collection personnel must demonstrate proficiency in collections by completing five consecutive error-free mock collections.
4. Refresher training. Collectors must undergo refresher training, including the five error-free collections, at least every three years.
5. Error correction training. If a collector makes a mistake that causes a test to be cancelled, he/she must undergo error collection training according to the requirements within 30 days.
Collection Sites This course satisfies the DOT qualification training and proficiency demonstration requirements. During the course, each attendee will be provided with an official ATG Certified Professional Collector™ Training and Study manual. Following the course, attendees are eligible to take the Collector Certification Exam and awarded A Certified Professional Collector™ Certificate upon successful completion of the exam.